Electric fence is a safe easy-to-maintain type of fence used as an indicator of farm boundaries by the use of a low-volt electric shock. The shock is to prevent disturbing animals to either intrude or exit a farm. The animal experiences an irritating jolt, no serious injury is caused.
THE USES OF ELECTRIC FARMERS IN AGRICULTURE.
1.To manage wild animals.
Electric fences help to control the movement of wild animals into private property for the safety of the livestock. It increasingly helps to deter wild animals from breaking into livestock’s grazing area and predating on them. When this fence inflicts pain on the animal it would prevent the animals from crossing it.
2.For crop protection.
The fence also helps to prevent intrusions by external animals into a crop farm. Animals such as monkeys, elephants, and deer pose a serious threat to crop damage. These animals can lead to huge losses on the farmer and he must be aware of and protect his farm. Electric fences are the most efficient way to protect the crops from damage.
3.To be used in managed intensive grazing.
This type of fence can also be used in the construction of temporary fences to help in the practice of rotational grazing. Once the animals come to know of the unpleasant irritation after contacting the fence they would tend to avoid the edges, this would help to control the animals wherever you want them to be.
- Strictly unplug the controller plug if in any case, you want to repair the fence.
- Whenever a thunderstorm occurs do not work near the electric fence.
- You should strictly adhere to the guidelines put in place by the manufacturer on the installation of the fence wires together with the recommendations.
- To prevent continuous shocking of the animals or people you are prohibited from using barbed wire as the electric fence.
ENERGY CONSERVATION TIPS.
- If the fence is to be used in places of snowy climate you are supposed to put the lower wire a good distance above the snow line to help to conserve energy.
- Keep vegetation away from the fence for if the vegetation contacts the fence it would lead to energy loss to the ground.
LOSS PREVENTION TIPS.
- To prevent the loss occurred in the event of lighting, the installation of lightning diverters or arrestors around your area would help to reduce the chance of damage.
- You should kindly use properly designed tools when making repairs to avoid unnecessary injuries.
The use of electric fencing is effective for farmers if it is well maintained and all the manufacturers ’ recommendations are followed. It has been proved to be more convenient than conventional fencing.
cattle fence available